Welcome to Katie’s Clay Studio – Lets Get Muddy!
We are now hiring please see Employment link above for details.
OPEN 2/15/16 for President’s Day! 12 pm to 5 pm Reservations are suggested. Last seating/ reservation at 3:30pm
Thursday: 11am to 7pm
Friday: 11am to 8pm
Sunday: 12pm to 5pm
We will close 1 hour early if we have no appointments or call a-
head’s. Make sure to check out our Calendar Page for specials, and limited hour days.
Reservations or a call ahead for groups of 4 or more are preferred, due to limited large tables. We have several off site events coming up please call ahead to make sure we haven’t closed early for these events. CLAY: (Wheel Throwing and Hand Building) and Tie Dye (in summer season) are by Appointment Only, please call to schedule your appointment today.
OPEN 2/15/16 for President’s Day! 12 pm to 5 pm Reservations are suggested.
CLOSED April 1st to 6th.
Studio will be closing for a few weeks in May and June for the arrival of Katie’s baby and her maternity leave. Parties/ reservations of 10 or more will still be available call studio for details.
The pottery wheel is by appointment only on Saturdays, based on studio availability. Ages 10 and older, Call to schedule today.
We strongly suggest reservations of groups of 4 or more due to limited table space. Please call ahead for seating, especially on rainy days. Also please call ahead before coming to make sure we have not closed for off site event. We will try to always post something online before we close, we do have several off site events coming up in October, also if we have no one in the studio we will close one hour early.
Go to Calendar link for more details on special events.
Katie’s Clay Studio is located in the Pittsburgh, PA area, specifically in Hampton Township. Directions to our studio can be mapped to the right. Katie’s Clay Studio offers a variety of services both Mobile (at your house, school or other location) and at our Studio.
We offer a variety of projects including:
- Wet Clay (Hand Building), ages 9+ *reservation
- Wheel Throwing, age 10+ *reservation
- Paint Your Own Pottery, All ages
- Tie Dye, age 8+ Summer only with *reservation
- Glass Fusion, age 10+
- Canvas Painting, All ages
- Wood cut out painting, All ages
- Custom Pottery
We offer and host events such as:
- Birthday Parties
- Summer Camp Programs
- Field Trips
- After School Programs at your school ask for pricing.
- Boy and Girl Scout Activities (to earn art badges)
- Merit Pottery Badge Class
- Adult and Child Wheel Throwing Classes, ages 10+
- Adult and Child Wet Clay Classes, ages 9+
- Private parties!
- School Fundraising & Auction Projects
- Ladies Night Out
- Mom’s Groups
- Red Hat Groups
- Date Nights
- Adult team building events
- Call about scheduling your special event today!
- We only accept walk ins when we have space. Please call ahead for seating during any holiday season.
Paint Your Own Pottery – Studio Fee per item:
- $5.00 for Children: ages 11 and under – PLUS Pottery
- $7.00 for Adults: ages 12 and up – PLUS Pottery
- Studio fee is per person, per item painted.
- Great for all ages–from baby hand print and foot prints, to toddlers’ doodles. All ages are welcome.
- Projects vary in price, starting around $7.00 & up. Call for details. Most of our children selection, mug selection and bowls are under $20.00.
- Katie’s Clay Studio will not fire any outside product, including clay and bisque ware. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Paint your own pottery will take one week to get back.
- No reservation needed for paint your own pottery. Walk-ins always welcome, if we have room!
To guarantee a table we encourage you to call ahead or make a reservation for your group. Especially during busy season like summer, and around a holiday’s.
- Remember, we are a FULL SERVICE studio! It is our pleasure to offer superior customer service. Let us seat you, wait on you, and clean up.
Lessons are only on Saturdays, based on studio availability. Call to schedule your lesson today, see prices below.
- Wheel Throwing: $30.00+ tax per person, PLUS price of clay used ($12.00 per pound) or in 25 pound block for $35.00+tax (includes bisque firing). A glaze fee the day of includes underglaze paint. Specialty Glazes are extra in the event of a return visit after the initial firing. Reservation only. This is appropriate for ages 10 and older. For children under the age of 10, there will be an additional fee of $10.00.
- Open Studio for ADULTS (age 18 and over only): $15 per hour, must purchase clay (priced per pound, or purchase by block or box), triming fee if needed and pay a firing fee. Must qualify first with 1 to 3 private lessons. Tools available for purchase or rental for fee. Appointment required.
- Hand Sculpting: Ages 9 and older please $10.00 – PLUS price of clay used (per pound) and a small fire fee. Please make a reservation. Clay paints included. Second firing paints available for an extra fee.
- We do sell low fire boxed clay call for details.
- Ask about Custom Clay Sculpting adult team building packages! Starting at just $25.00 per person!
- Clay projects will take 2-3 weeks to return, depending on the drying time, and weather conditions.
Tie Dye Fees: Seasonal Summer only
- $9.00 Dye fee – PLUS T-shirt prices depend on size of shirt, please make a reservation.
- Custom t-shirts with Katie’s Clay Studio Logo available for purchase.
- This is appropriate for ages 8 and older.
- This is a “Make and Take” Project! We will give you simple wash out instructions to follow and you will get the shirts that day!
- Bring your own t-shirt to dye Kids $15, Adults size small to Large $20, Adult XL and up $30.00
- Please make a reservation, please have your shirt sizes available when making your appointment.
- June to August only.
- Ages 8 and older recommend.
- Reservations are not required, but give us a heads up to seat the table up for you.
- Kids Canvas patterns start at $25 and go up.
- Adult Canvas patterns start at $35 and go up.
- Pick from tons of awesome patterns with easy to follow Step by step instruction given by a qualified artist and staff member.
- Feel free to BYOB!
- Large groups are easily accommodated.
- Best part is its a “Make and Take” project! Please allow 1 to 4 hours to finish canvas painting pattern.
- Available for off site programs as well. Call for details.
- Group discounts available for parties of 5 or more adults. See party brochure.
Wood Cut outs
- Customized wood cut out shapes to be painted with our paint.
- Personalize the shapes with your initials or monogram (pre-ordered).
- Custom order your own shapes, over 300 different designs to choose from in our catalog! (May take one to two week for delivery, payment due in full prior to custom order.)
- BYOB parties are available for this activity.
- Classes are available or schedule your time to come and make one. Starting at $35.00 and going up depending on size. Smaller Letters are also available pre-order for $20 to $25 depending on the size chosen.
- All glass is priced per project base. Prices range from $14.00 and up.
- $5.00 “shape” firing for a bowl, dish, or sconce.
- Glass projects may take up to 2 weeks to get back.
- Make sure to check out our calendar for our once a month class on glass. Glass Work shop, is the best way to lean the basics of glass fusion.
- Reservations needed for instructor help, especially for your first time at our studio. First time glass projects, please come to glass workshop to learn all glass fusion skills.
- Wine bottle slumping available, bring your own bottle with the label removed, starting at $15.00. It may take up to 2 weeks to get returned. We will not accept bottles with the labels on. Larger bottles are subject to an additional fee. Bottle slumping is unpredictable, and therefore an experiment every time. No two bottles will come out the same. We cannot guarantee that the bottle will be flattened completely. We will always try our best to have the project come out to your liking.
Click the link to donate to Emma’s Memorial. We love you and will miss you always: http://emmamunsonmemorial.com/